Getting gnuplot to work on Windows
David Partridge
2021-09-13 15:46:32 UTC
C:\Users\amonra\Downloads\Losmandy\PLOTS>dir
Volume in drive C is Apollo
Volume Serial Number is 172D-FED0

Directory of C:\Users\amonra\Downloads\Losmandy\PLOTS

13/09/2021 16:06 <DIR> .
13/09/2021 16:06 <DIR> ..
13/09/2021 15:57 162,486 Servos.log
13/09/2021 16:12 42 setpath.bat
13/09/2021 15:59 0 Test.gnuplot
3 File(s) 162,528 bytes
2 Dir(s) 1,246,003,449,856 bytes free

C:\Users\amonra\Downloads\Losmandy\PLOTS>

The setpath.bat simply does: PATH = C:\Program Files\gnuplot\bin;%PATH% so that gnuplot can be invoked directly. The file Servos.log is the data and Test.gnuplot says:

set datafile separator ','
plot "servos.log" using 1:2 with lines, '' using 1:3 with lines

If I type gnuplot -p Test.gnuplot nothing seems to happen ?? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
David
David Partridge
2021-09-13 16:15:01 UTC
Post by David Partridge
C:\Users\amonra\Downloads\Losmandy\PLOTS>dir
Volume in drive C is Apollo
Volume Serial Number is 172D-FED0
Directory of C:\Users\amonra\Downloads\Losmandy\PLOTS
13/09/2021 16:06 <DIR> .
13/09/2021 16:06 <DIR> ..
13/09/2021 15:57 162,486 Servos.log
13/09/2021 16:12 42 setpath.bat
13/09/2021 15:59 0 Test.gnuplot
3 File(s) 162,528 bytes
2 Dir(s) 1,246,003,449,856 bytes free
C:\Users\amonra\Downloads\Losmandy\PLOTS>
set datafile separator ','
plot "servos.log" using 1:2 with lines, '' using 1:3 with lines
If I type gnuplot -p Test.gnuplot nothing seems to happen ?? What am I doing wrong?
Thanks
David
Problem solved - it needed a CRLF at the end of the 2nd line in the gnuplot file.