Asking for input to modify splot output
American Citizen
2023-08-10 00:26:07 UTC
What commands do I need to enter to change the default output Loading Image... to the trimmed output Loading Image... ?

My attempts to move the ytics component to the left side continually fails and I don't even know how to trim the excessive white space around the whole image. And the color box needs to be moved a bit.

Any ideas?

Randall
Martin Brown
2023-08-10 08:55:26 UTC
https://i.ibb.co/J33DHk3/Screenshot1.png to the trimmed output
https://i.ibb.co/bWd5bdT/Screenshot2.png ?
My attempts to move the ytics component to the left side continually
fails and I don't even know how to trim the excessive white space
around the whole image. And the color box needs to be moved a bit.
Any ideas?
I too have had various interesting problems with 2D GNUplot mostly
though with a tiny amount of the y-axis legend/title being off the
default visible window (tops of letter "T" and "Z" otherwise it wouldn't
have shown up). It was picked up by a vigilant journal editor.

My solution was to attack the EPS output file with a flint axe to sort
out the errant window. I didn't have any trouble getting the y-axis to
be on the left hand side it was just that a bit of it hung off the edge.

I was actually doing traditional contour plots rather than full colour.

I did have a problem with excessive white space above and to the right
of the plots. I'd be interested in any more wholesome ways to fix this!
--
Martin Brown